Being right next to New Delhi, Gurgaon has seen a lot of upcoming businesses in the last few years. Numerous malls have come up apart from industries and business houses. In fact, Gurgaon has come to be known as the Sin City, Vegas, of India. This is why of late, many new corporates have also settled in, bringing more and more corporate travellers.
It’s almost like a cycle – a business brings in more people which leads to more business that brings in even more people. This has culminated profitably for our nation in quite a big way. Corporate travellers have led to the development of a number of budget hotels and guest houses in Gurgaon that offer innumerable facilities and perks.
Living it up!
Most people fear corporate trips because they are scared of the boredom and disturbances that occur there. However, if planned in the right way, a corporate trip can be turned into a full-fledged holiday! Keep in mind the following and just enjoy!
1 – The backpack
I guess the biggest reason for fear of a trip is its overwhelming luggage. Try to keep it light. Carry only the basics so that you can travel easily without having to haul suitcases all across the town.
2 – Get the details
The smartest way to have fun on a business trip is to make and itinerary and to stick to it. Ensure that you know the sights and sounds of the place before hand. Identify all the places of interest and get their details so that it is easy to access them.
3 – Don’t do it all
There is no point in trying to do everything at once. It is entirely possible that you will run short of time, so plan a few things to do and do them well. Don’t forget that after all, you are on an official trip and too much bustling around can prove to be a mistake.
4 – Budget
Gurgaon is a place where it is a little too easy to overspend, but remember that will put you in a very difficult situation. So, try to keep a fixed budget and only spend that much. Once you have done that, simply walk away. Leave a few things for your next visit!
5 – Book in advance
The biggest mistake an educated professional can make is land up on a place without booking his lodgings. Don’t do that. Make sure that you have researched about the places available there and have booked in advance. Otherwise, you may jolly well end up in a soup and make a terrible mess of your fun business trip!
Got more suggestions or ideas of places to definitely visit when in Gurgaon? Leave a comment.
The working culture has undergone a massive change in the recent past. With more than 40,000 people travelling for work related issues every quarter, it is safe to say that there is more business on the go. This is probably the biggest reason why corporate guest houses in Gurgaon have come up in such a big way. Being within the NCR, and also known as the Las Vegas of India, Gurgaon has metamorphosis in the recent past like no other city. That being said, will it be nice to be visiting Gurgaon for work and so missing out on all the action and fun in India’s very own sin city? I guess not. This is why, one has to become slightly more conscious when it comes to corporate travelling.
The dos and the don’ts
I wish it were as simple as dos and don’ts but since that isn’t the case, we might as well jot down some very basic requirements that a corporate traveller has.
- The most important thing to take care of is that you are healthy while you travel. I know it sounds pretty stupid but trust me. The most important thing is to cater to your own health. If you aren’t well when you plan your trip, chances are that you will fall even sicker and ruin your own stay there.
- Be the family man that you are and take your family along. One usually thinks that they will not be available because of work, but still, the family can enjoy the sights and sounds of the place.
- Pick a decent accommodation for your stay in Gurgaon so that you don’t become all troubled there. Conduct enough research to make sure that whatever you are hoping for you will get it there. Try some fun place which offers some cool perks.
- Never overstep your budget. In a place like Gurgaon, it is very easy to end up overspending because there is so much to do. The best way to keep track is to stay firm on the things that you must do or would prefer to do and leave the rest for the next trip.
- If your trip is a long one, avoid a budget hotel and consider a guest house, because it will be easy on the pocket while delivering the same or even better service.
- Never be in a hurry to see everything. Relax. Take time to do what you are doing. A busy schedule and the desire to grasp as much as you possibly can may end up leaving you exhausted, tasteless and really sick.
The thumb rule
If you can stick to your plan (and make one which isn’t boring and tedious) then there is no way that your corporate travel can go wrong. Take it easy and let loose, but stay aware of what you came for. Remember that trips are there to create memories. Don’t lose out on yours only because you were too lazy to plan!
Corporate travel has a lot to do with confidence building and relaxation, than it has to do with only work. I mean, all work and no play will make a jack a dull boy! Being a corporate traveller myself, I have noted that most of us are similar in terms of our tastes and preferences.
The globalization of business and man’s every growing; insatiable need to be constantly expanding has resulted in a lot of ties floating around through one meridian to another. You may travel a thousand miles or just a few, but the moment you start travelling for work, you become a member of the brotherhood of corporate travellers.
What a Traveller Wants
Ah! The biggest misconception people have is that when they come to another place for work, they can’t have fun! With the kind of business houses and companies being established in and around Delhi, some great corporate guest houses in Gurgaon have come up which not only offer the best corporate requirements but also cater to your fun requirements. A traveller should be able to collect the sights and sounds of wherever he travels and if he cannot do that, then he has travelled for no reason at all.
Before the travel
Although most travellers know what I am about to say, here is a quick sheet of the things one must keep in mind before travelling:
- Pack Lightly.
- Keep a on the go bag always ready with spare essentials like shaving kits or other toiletries.
- Know wherever you are going. Ensure you have some general idea about the climate and things you might need there.
- Find out before hand all the things worth doing or places worth visiting.
- Always make your itinerary in advance and try to stick to it.
- Keep work and fun undiluted.
- Make sure you finish your given tasks before you indulge in anything else.
- Be careful about how you spend.
- Decide lodging beforehand.
- Pick a place to stay that offers additional perks like a golf view suite or something.
When Back home
- Brag about your stay.
- Don’t talk too much about all the fun you had in your office! (Lest they don’t send you again!)
Health and Stay
No matter where you chose to stay make sure that the place is clean and healthy. Don’t you hate it when you come back from a trip and fall terribly sick! Well, that’s not something that we want to do. So, don’t stress on location. Be calm and always take an extra day on the trip so that you can relax and make the most of the time that you have there.